Photo By: Stark Photography
How Do we begin to manage our energy? Why is it so important for us to conserve as much energy as possible?
Because we are totally overwhelmed, overworked, and undernourished. The number one factor to the depletion of energy is Stress. She presents herself in a myriad of different forms, shapes and colors. It affects us physically, mentally, emotionally and sometimes… all at once.
What happens when you don’t manage your energy appropriately? We lose sight of what we are doing. We feel completely defeated, tired and not really inspired to do much. The majority of our time is spent doing things mindlessly, we neglect how we manage our time and energy. We often fail to notice where we allow ourselves to get depleted. It could be a job that’s not so great, a toxic friendship or relationship, not the right types of foods, too much social media, ‘comparison’ the number one killer of joy… and so on. Here are a few ways to begin to reset that flow of thought and energy back to where it belongs…
- SHHH, YOUR BODY IS SPEAKING: We have a tenuous relationship with our bodies at best. We have become so desensitized to feeling any type of emotion because we want to hit the easy button, meaning… not feeling the discomfort of some situation which can in turn cause a massive amount of stress. Your body’s job is to inform the mind something’s “not right” … we need to learn to trust our bodies to tell us when its time to So the first thing to do here is listen to what you body is telling you.
- PUSH THROUGH RESISTENCE: This is your own defense mechanism against anything that is going to challenge the status quo. Ignoring what your current state is, is not good. When you begin to encounter resistance PUSH through it, most of the time, there’s something new on the other side. Sometimes, this requires you to MOVE your body around. Hopefully, with purpose like a yoga class, or a walk, or run.
- GO WITH THE FLOW: No matter what your current situation is, know that attachment is REAL. Yes, my friends it is, and it is responsible for huge amounts of contraction in your bodies. Notice if you are in a situation where you are not allowing the natural flow thrive. If you are currently attached to a certain state of being, or if your really stuck in the realm of stress, guess where you are going to end up? Yup, you guessed it, in the same exact place. So instead, try just going with the flow. be open to the possibility of something new, or something ‘unknown’.
- EXAMINE YOUR CURRENT STATE: This requires a little self-inquiry, which requires a little meditation, so get into it. If you want to stay exactly where you are at, GREAT… stop reading this. and continue on your merry way no big deal. but if your struggling with certain levels of stress, there is something happening that is worthy of your listening. Mediating reminds us to ask ourselves, “How is my current situation serving my highest good?” … ask it a few times and write down what comes up.
- JUST BREATHE: This can be a cure all for many things, I guarantee you… if you are upset, or angry or stressed out about something. chances are… YOU ARE NOT BREATHING. Try to be really angry while your taking A few moments and a few DEEEEEEEEEEEP LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG BREEEATHS…. J If you can… I’m totally impressed. We forget how simply breathing, can affect our overall mood and state, by allowing your exhale to be a little longer than your inhale you are engaging your parasympathetic nervous system, promoting a calm response.
Lastly, Energy follows thought… do you want to continue to dwell on the past? Or continue to project into the future? Or are you in the present? Energy follows thought, so be more selective with what sort of thoughts come into your mind, they affect everything around you. It’s always a choice, we tend to forget that we can choose to act kindly and react wisely. With Love, Rosie