Orly Wahba is the Author and Founder of Life Vest Inside helping people around the world incorporate kindness in their everyday lives. She’s an educator, entrepreneur, author, speaker and community activist passionate about inspiring and empowering people to be the best they can be.
Life Vest Inside is a non-profit founded to empower the masses to engage in acts of love and kindness. Life Vest Inside gained international acclaim when Orly’s award-winning film Kindness Boomerang went viral. Orly is the most inspiring, influential lightworker I’ve met in a long time.
I feel so privileged to have Orly on this podcast and share her love, light, and kindness with you. Orly graciously shared her ideas on living kindness, being kind to yourself, creating our ultimate legacy, and so much more goodness.
Radically Kind Orly
- Leaving her middle school teaching job to start a kindness non-profit
- Making a promise to herself as a teenager that’s guided her life ever since
- Realizing that the more she gave, the more fulfilled she felt
Radically Inspired Clarity
- When you understand your own value, you’ll be able to see the value in others. It’s easy to be kind to others, but you have to love yourself too. You can’t give it outward until you can inward.
- There are no superfluous people in the world. If you’re here, there’s something only you can do.
- Kindness is small shifts. Get inspired and make a small shift. Then, you can take ownership of kindness in your life.
Orly Wahba Answers…
- How can we begin to overcome our fear of feeling like we don’t matter?
- What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
- How do you feel radically loved?
Radically Loved Quotes
“It’s when we give to others that we get to see where our real value lies.”
“The common thread is kindness. Because of that we can actually rejoice because of our differences.”
“Inspiration is awesome, but if you don’t channel it properly, it will fade and you will lose it.”
“The stronger we become, the more likely we are to help someone else.”
A Little More About Our Guest
Orly began her career in Kindness as a Middle School educator at the Yeshivah of Flatbush in Brooklyn, NY, teaching the children to embrace unity, build their self-esteem, and use the power they have to influence the world for good. Yearning to make a larger impact with her philanthropic work Orly founded Life Vest Inside in 2011, a non-profit organization with a mission to inspire, empower and educate people of all backgrounds to lead a life of kindness. Orly has spoken at TED and has been featured on The Today Show, CBS, NBC, Bloomberg TV, Adweek, IBTimes, Parade Magazine and many more. Orly was recently appointed as the CEO of Kindness USA, whose goal is to increase kindness perception within the US from 25% to 80% by the year 2027. Learn more at www.lifevestinside.com and find her book at www.kindnessboomerang.com