Michael Catherwood is an American radio personality, best-known as Psycho Mike for his prior work at Kevin and Bean on KROQ-FM and his current job as the co-host of Loveline with Dr. Drew. Mike has been a dear friend of mine for over a decade.
I’ve always looked up to Mike and his dedication to working on himself and his career. I’m excited to have him as a guest to share with you his story and insights.
On this episode of Radically Loved, we talk about how Michael changed his life and career perspective, what it’s like in the entertainment industry, being honest, and what’s happening with the next generation.
Radically Evolved Michael
- Being consumed in an addictive lifestyle as a musician
- Becoming a radio guy and finding a new high
- Coming up against obstacles in the entertainment industry
Radically Inspired Clarity
- Opportunities will come knocking on your door, but you have to create a world where you’ll be able to hear the knocking.
- You have to divorce yourself from what society wants you to be and really study what makes you happy and what feels fulfilling.
Michael Catherwood Answers…
- How did you go from a place of feeling stuck and hopeless to creating this amazing life?
- Why do we have a hard time being honest with ourselves?
- How important is it to do things that make us feel uncomfortable?
Radically Loved Quotes
“I could’ve been disappointed that I didn’t go on to write songs, but it was a matter of shifting my perspective on life.”
“My only goal was to not be a loser. I never had any concrete idea of being a success. It was a survival mechanism.”
“Instead of running away from the fire, you have to force yourself to run toward it.”
“Identify what brings you happiness and shoot for that.”
A Little More About Our Guest
In 2003, Michael started working behind the scenes with Los Angeles radio station, KROQ. He later successfully applied for a position on the Kevin & Bean Morning Show and began his career as Psycho Mike. In 2010, Michael became the co-host of Loveline with Dr. Drew Pinsky. Find Mike on Twitter or Instagram.